What is on offer?
- We offer a wide range of pathways with 26 different disciplinary pathways, in 7 groupings across 5 London institutions. Each pathway provides a range of study routes (+3; 1+3; 2+3 & +4) with over 80 MRes, MSc and MA programmes attached and accommodates both full-time and part-time students. A full list of the available pathways can be found here.
- The UBEL DTP’s fully funded ESRC studentships cover full payment of tuition fees per year and an annual maintenance stipend.
Please refer to the Application Guide for Preliminary Round in conjunction with the Changes to EU and International Eligibility for UKRI funded studentships for more information.
- You should normally have (or expect to achieve by 30 September 2021) an upper second or first class honours degree or a Master’s degree from a recognised UK university, or the equivalent qualification if gained outside the UK.
- For +3, 3.5 or 3.25 award you must normally have (or expect to achieve by 30 September 2021) a Master’s degree with an appropriate level of research training.
How to apply?
Before you apply:
- Please read carefully the Application Guide for Preliminary Round
- Check out the Preliminary Application Form and the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to get an idea of the application process.
- See also the DTP Guidance on Research Foundation Statements
|5 October 2020||Survey Monkey Apply opens for Preliminary applications|
|11 January 2021 |
|Deadline for Preliminary applications|
|w/c 25th January 2021||DTP informs candidates of Preliminary outcome|
|28 February 2021 23:59 pm||Deadline for Full applications|
|w/c 26 April||DTP Board considers studentship applications|
*To be considered for a Birkbeck pathway you will need to have been offered a place on a BBK MPhil programme before the 11th January 2021.
- Archaeology and Heritage Studies
- Economic and Social History
- Human Geography
- Politics and International Relations
- Psychosocial Studies
- Law and Criminology