ESRC Studentships Main Competition
The UBEL DTP’s fully funded ESRC studentships cover full payment of tuition fees per year and an annual maintenance stipend.
What’s on offer
- UBEL DTP studentships cover tuition fees at the UKRI rate and an annual maintenance stipend. For 2022/23 an UBEL studentship will cover tuition fees of £4596 and a minimum stipend of £19,668. This figure includes the London Allowance.
- We offer a wide range of pathways with 26 different disciplinary pathways, in 7 groupings across 5 London institutions. Each pathway provides a range of study routes (+3; 1+3; 2+3 & +4) with over 80 MRes, MSc and MA programmes attached and accommodates both full-time and part-time students.
The next admissions cycle for 2024 entry will open in October 2023.
- You should normally have (or expect to achieve by 30 September 2023) an upper second or first class honours degree or a Master’s degree from a recognised UK university, or the equivalent qualification if gained outside the UK.
- For +3, 3.5 or 3.25 award you must normally have (or expect to achieve by 30 September 2023) a Master’s degree with an appropriate level of research training.
- All UKRI studentships are open to both home and international students.
- To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK National (meeting residency requirements), or Have settled status, or
- Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
- If a candidate does not meet the criteria above, they would be classified as an International student. Please read the UKRI Eligibility guidance document (pdf) for full details on residency requirements.
Guidance for applying
UBEL DTP will no longer be accepting applications for 2023 entry. The deadline for full applications was Tuesday 31st January 2023.
Applications are now under review and UBEL will be in touch with candidates to confirm the outcome by April 2023.
The next round of this scheme will open in October 2023.
Deadlines for 2022/23
|26 October 2022||Survey Monkey Apply opens for Preliminary applications|
|30 November 2022 (23.59pm)||Deadline for Preliminary applications|
|16 December 2022||DTP informs candidates of Preliminary outcome and Full application available to successful candidates|
|31 January 2023 (23.59pm)||Deadline for Full applications|
|30 March 2023||DTP Board considers studentship applications|
Please note that deadlines for the next cycle are slightly earlier than in previous years.