Difficult Language Training Extension & Overseas Fieldwork

ESRC Studentship holders are eligible to apply for an extension of their doctoral award to support additional training in a difficult language. This includes both training in the field and in the UK.

The ESRC also makes a limited amount of funding available to Doctoral Training Partnerships to support the overseas fieldwork costs of full-time studentship holders.

We encourage students to check official travel advice before they make any fieldwork plans.

Applications may be submitted throughout the year.

How to Apply