Fellowships are aimed at those in the immediate postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
The call also forms part of ESRC’s strategy to supporting early career researchers and will be delivered through the national network of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs).
What is on offer?
The UCL, Bloomsbury and East London DTP invites applications for six postdoctoral fellowships (PDFs) to be based within departments at the five partner institutions of the UBEL DTP.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have completed their PhD at a research organisation (RO) that is part of a DTP.
- Have been awarded a PhD or have passed their viva voce with minor amendments by the final application deadline and have been awarded their PhD by the fellowship start date of 1 October 2023.
- Have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience since passing their viva voce (allowing for career breaks) by the application deadline.
Guidance for applying
- The deadline for UBEL DTP Postdoctoral fellowship applications for 2022 entry has now passed. UBEL DTP will no longer be accepting applications for this cycle.
- The ESRC call document and subsequent deadlines will be posted when available.
- The ESRC call document, FAQs and application forms will be posted when available in the autumn term 2022.
Applications for the preliminary round closed on Sunday 23rd January 2022.