Fellowships are aimed at those in the immediate postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
The call also forms part of ESRC’s strategy to supporting early career researchers and will be delivered through the national network of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs).
What is on offer?
The UCL, Bloomsbury and East London DTP invites applications for six postdoctoral fellowships (PDFs) to be based within departments at the five partner institutions of the DTP:
University College London
Birkbeck, University of London
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
SOAS, University of London
University of East London
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have completed their PhD at a research organisation (RO) that is part of a DTP.
- Have been awarded a PhD or have passed their viva voce with minor amendments by the application deadline of 23 March 2021 and have been awarded their PhD by the fellowship start date of 1 October 2021.
- Have no more than 12 months active postdoctoral experience since passing their viva voce (allowing for career breaks) by 23 March 2021.
How to Apply?
Before you apply:
- Please read carefully the Postdoctoral Fellowships Call specification
- You can check out the Postdoctoral Fellowship Call FAQ
|Preliminary Application Deadline||24 January 23:59 2021|
|Results for Preliminary Applications |
are released & Second Round Opens
|15 February 2021|
|Full Application Deadline||23 March 23:59 2021|
|Successful Full proposals submitted in Je-S for final confirmation by the ESRC||Between June and end-July 2021|