As per the ESRC Postgraduate Funding Guide, UBEL can offer extensions to funding end dates for the following reasons:
- Difficult Language Training
- International Institutional Visits (IIVs)
- Parental Leave
- Transfers between part-time and full-time registration
- Suspensions (the duration of interrupted study will be added on to your funding end date)
- Sick Leave (the duration of sick leave will be added on to your funding end date)
Funded extensions for caring responsibilities are not possible and ESRC recommend a transfer to part time enrolment or a suspension of study in this instance.
If anything is unclear or requires further discussion please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extensions for students impacted by Covid-19
UBEL is not in receipt of any additional funding sources but has some flexibility to use the existing UBEL grant to cover funded extensions. However, the DTP is expected to follow ESRC guidance with regards to offering additional time to those impacted by Covid-19.
- UBEL can offer funded extensions as a result of documented ill health (i.e. long covid).
- Where data collection or access to resources have been disrupted, we encourage students to mitigate where possible. If mitigation is not possible and a request for an extension is made, UBEL will require a detailed workplan, evidence of mitigation and email confirmation from supervisors.
- UBEL can offer unfunded extensions to thesis submission dates where students have met challenges as a result of Covid-19.
Any requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis by UBEL management in line with ESRC and institutional regulations.
If there are any queries regarding extensions, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.