The Overseas Institutional Visit competition is now open!
The deadline for the first round of applications is Friday 29 November 2019.
A second round will take place later in the year.
Students are invited to apply to visit a Higher Education institution or a research organisation abroad. The OIV scheme is intended to support and encourage the international engagement of eligible ESRC-funded students. The Scheme funds an extension to the studentship of up to 13 weeks, plus travel and subsistence costs.
The scheme is a great opportunity to:
- undertake additional specialist research training not available in the UK;
- develop language skills;
- establish research links that will be beneficial to their current or future academic career;
- disseminate early research findings;
- attend and participate in seminars which are directly relevant to their research
Which students are eligible?
ESRC-funded students at the UBEL DTP who are in the +3 (or equivalent) element of their studies. The OIV may not be undertaken during the first three months or final three months of the +3 studentship period.
Which overseas institutions?
This must be a Higher Education institution, or an organisation with a substantive research reputation, and be based outside of the United Kingdom.
How to apply
Students must complete and submit their OIV application form and the following documentation before the deadline:
- Your Case for Support
- Confirmation of support from your supervisor
- Confirmation of support from the host institution
Please ensure you have read the Guidance Notes before applying.
Application form: UBEL DTP Overseas Institutional Visit Application Form 2019/20
Guidance Notes: UBEL DTP Overseas Institutional Visit Guidance Notes 2019/20
Country funding rates: UBEL DTP Schedule of Funding Rates