The Overseas Institutional Visit competition is now closed for 2018
The details below are for information purposes only for students considering applying for 2019.
Students are invited to apply to visit a Higher Education institution or a research organisation abroad. The OIV scheme is intended to support and encourage the international engagement of eligible ESRC-funded students. The Scheme funds an extension to the studentship of up to 13 weeks, plus travel and subsistence costs.
The scheme is a great opportunity to:
- undertake additional specialist research training not available in the UK;
- develop language skills;
- establish research links that will be beneficial to their current or future academic career;
- disseminate early research findings;
- attend and participate in seminars which are directly relevant to their research
Which students are eligible?
ESRC-funded students at the UBEL DTP who are in the +3 (or equivalent) element of their studies. The OIV may not be undertaken during the first three months or final three months of the +3 studentship period.
Which overseas institutions?
This must be a Higher Education institution, or an organisation with a substantive research reputation, and be based outside of the United Kingdom.
How to apply
Students must complete and submit their OIV application form and the following documentation before the deadline:
- Your Case for Support
- Confirmation of support from your supervisor
- Confirmation of support from the host institution
Please ensure you have read the Guidance Notes before applying.
Application form: UBEL DTP Overseas Institutional Visit Application Form 2018
Guidance Notes: UBEL DTP Overseas Institutional Visit 2018 Guidance Notes
Country funding rates: UBEL DTP Schedule of Funding Rates
Check out examples of other students’ Overseas Institutional Visits from the Bloomsbury DTC.