All UBEL-funded students are welcome to attend and take part in the conference.
This is a reminder to register for the UBEL Student Conference being held on Friday 7th October at Birkbeck (Rooms 206 – 208).
There will be a series of talks and workshops throughout the day, as well as a poster session during the lunch session, and a social and drinks reception at the end of the day based at SOAS. We want this conference to showcase the amazing variety of research being done at UBEL and also give us a chance to get to know each other better across the years, universities, and disciplines.
We welcome UBEL-funded students and associated staff members to attend the conference.
The timetable for the day is as follows:
- 9.30 – 10.00 – Arrival and Registration
- 10.00 – 11.15 – Parallel Sessions: Oral Presentations 1 & 2
- 11.15 – 11.30 – Break
- 11.30 – 12.45 – Pecha Kucha Presentations
- 12.45 – 14.00 – Poster session, networking, and lunch
- 14.00 – 15.15 – Parallel Sessions: Oral Presentations 3 & 4
- 15.15 – 15.30 – Break
- 15.30 – 17.00 – Workshops
After the workshops finish, we will host a social and informal drinks reception from 5pm until 7pm.
Oral presentation sessions:
- Session 1: History and Colonial Legacy
- Session 2: Borders, Geography, and Spaces for Change
- Session 3: Geopolitics, Democracies, and International Relations
- Session 4: Education, Academia, and Schools
- Workshop 1: Reflexive researchers, reflexive lives (hosted by Lottie & Claire (UCL))
- Workshop 2: Latent variable modelling: a student-perspective (hosted by Laura (Birkbeck))
- Workshop 3: Experiments in collaborative knowledge production – workshop in creative and participatory methods and forum theatre (hosted by Claudia & Rebekka (Birkbeck))
We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.