The ESRC is pleased to launch the 2022 Celebrating Impact Prize. This is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward ESRC-supported researchers who have created or enabled outstanding impact.
The Prize is open to current and previous ESRC-supported researchers, including doctoral students, and there are six competition categories this year:
- Outstanding Business and Enterprise Impact
- Outstanding Public Policy Impact
- Outstanding Societal Impact
- Outstanding International Impact
- Outstanding Early Career Impact
- John Hills Impact Prize 2022
This year we are celebrating 10 years of the Impact Prize. To mark this we have an additional category for this year – the John Hills Impact Prize. This Prize is in memory of the late Professor Sir John Hills who is remembered across the social science and policy community for his leadership and contribution to social policy, especially in relation to poverty and inequality. This category will recognise a social scientist (either self-nominated or nominated by a third party) whose work demonstrates how the economic and social sciences benefit wider society and who has encouraged or facilitated positive and profound lasting changes in the quality of the lives of a significant number of people over a sustained period.
We have also opened up eligibility to apply to social science researchers that have been funded by another UKRI Council through an eligible programme of interdisciplinary research where ESRC has been a partner on the programme.
All finalists have a film professionally made about their work and impact, and winners are awarded £10,000 to spend on further knowledge exchange, public engagement or other impact related activities.
- Applications open: 18 January 2022
- Applications close: 16:00 UK time on 17 March 2022
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 21-23 June 2022
- Media Training for Finalists: w/c 18 & 25 July
- Awards ceremony: November 2022 (date TBC)
For further details, including application guidelines, please visit esrc.ukri.org/research/celebrating-impact-prize/