UNESCO is currently seeking an intern to assist in support of communication activities of its Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe, Venice (Italy).
Duration: 3 to 6 months approx.
Deadline: 20 January 2022
Under the direct supervision of the responsible Communication Officer and the authority of the Director, UNESCO is seeking an intern to support its efforts to increase the impact and visibility of its activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Officer and the overall authority of the Director, the intern shall undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the Supervisor and provide support for communication actions;
- Proofread and assist in drafting of stories and other communication vehicles as needed;
- Help maintain digital files of photos and videos;
- Assist in the regular monitoring and processing of information collated;
- Help track media placements in print, television, radio, and web outlets;
- Assist in the maintenance of media contacts database and material distribution;
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- General understanding of the work and mission of a UNESCO regional bureau, and familiarity with the communications and outreach efforts of the Organization;
- Hands-on experience with an international, multicultural environment;
- Insight into communication issues at global level.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Possibly enrolled in the second level, master’s or equivalent university programme in communication, journalism, social sciences, cultural sciences, international relations, development studies or a related field;
- Basic knowledge of UNESCO’s mandate, structure, activities and platforms of public information;
- Strong web, social media and computer skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Native English level (working language for the assignment) is an essential requirement and a disqualifier; knowledge of Italian is an asset.
Instructions for Application:
To apply, please submit your application directly through UNESCO’s internship portal at: https://en.unesco.org/careers/internships/ sending a mail notification to the responsible Communication Officer, Anne Ajoux at email@example.com.