London-based ESRC Doctoral Training Partnerships Research Day
You are invited to
Social science to serve society: communicating research to make an impact
Join us on Friday June 7th at Friends House in Central London to celebrate social science research from the ESRC London Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs).
This one-day event is packed with tailored sessions for PhD students to help your research make an IMPACT by connecting and communicating with policy makers and influencers. This event is also a great chance to meet and exchange ideas with your doctoral peers from across all of the London ESRC DTPs.
You can also enter our poster competition – an opportunity to showcase your research, practice your presentation skills and win one of 4 prizes (see the attached flyer for more details):
- Best poster: 1st prize £100, 2nd prize £50
- Best presentation: 1st prize £100, 2nd prize £50
Sign up to the event and register to submit a poster here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/social-science-to-serve-society-communicating-research-to-make-an-impact-tickets-58067419214
Head to the website for more details about the programme:
Highlights from the day
- Hear from our keynote speaker, Professor Danny Dorling from the University of Oxford, who’s asking, apart from climate change, is social science helping everything else get better?
- Participate in interactive panel discussions on communicating your work to achieve the most impact
- Learn how to navigate different disciplines within social science with Professor Noortje Marres
- Listen to experts explaining how social science can overcome public communication issues and the critique of experts
- Free coffees, lunch and drinks reception, tote bags and lunch boxes for all attendees!